We understand the importance of reliability and security when it comes to tracking bugs and issues, and we're serious about the safety and security of your data. Here's the details on how we roll.
Reporting Security Issues
If you have a potentialy security issue to report, we have a dedicated responsible disclosure page with more information.
Safety & Security
We're constantly working to improve Sifter's security and ensure that your data is safe and protected.
- Full-time SSL Security In order to provide the highest level of transactional security and protect from session-hijacking, every page and account is served over SSL. Check Sifter's SSL rating at Qualys.
- Database replication All data in Sifter is fully replicated with a master/slave database setup.
- Hourly On-site Backups In addition to database replication, we keep hourly database snapshots for the last 24 hours.
- Daily Off-site Backups In the extreme case that our primary data center experiences a catastrophe, we keep full backups encrypted offsite using Amazon S3. We maintain snapshots of the last 7 days, and last 4 weeks.
- Quarterly Security Screens Our systems undergo quarterly security screens by Security Metrics to ensure that we're current on all software updates and security best practices.
- PCI Level 4 Compliant. We never store any of your credit card information. We send all credit card data to our merchant provider, Braintree, to store all credit card information in their PCI-compliant virtual vault.
Performance & Uptime
We take availability seriously and monitor Sifter's performance and availabilty through multiple channels.
- Dedicated status site available at status.sifterapp.com for communicating about any outages or performance issues so that you always know exactly what's happening in the event of downtime.
- 99.96% Uptime since 2008 Our uptime is monitored by Pingdom, and we make our full historical uptime reports available at availability.sifterapp.com at all times.
- Redundant Environment Sifter runs on a load-balanced redundant environment to ensure high availability and performance at all times.
- Performance Monitoring In addition to uptime, we also closely monitor Sifter's performance and response times using New Relic.